This letter was sent via my solicitor, Hodders in London, to Ann O’Driscoll and Mersey O’Driscoll at their respective addresses in London and the recorded delivery was signed for on the 14th July 2011 proof of sending of letter and proof of receipt.
The full text of the letter is available here letter to ann and mersey odriscoll 13.7.11 (pdf)
The key points of this letter were as follows:
- I documented the many occasions on which I had offered, in writing, to pay my share of my mother’s (Mary-Anne O’Driscoll, nee Mary-Anne Stack) funeral costs and confirmed again that I was willing to pay this
- I also offered to pay my share of the headstone costs
- I asked Ann O’Driscoll and Mersey O’Driscoll to stop making and spreading false allegations relating to my supposed unwillingness to pay towards the funeral or headstone costs amongst our relatives in Ireland and England (I know that Mersey and Ann have been trying to pressurise relatives in Ireland and England to take sides in this internal family matter and continue to do so)
- I asked Ann O’Driscoll and Mersey O’Driscoll to share with me the proposed design for the headstone
- I suggested that all disagreements between us could be ended by allowing me the smallest of inputs into our mother’s headstone (choosing the photo of our mother to go on the headstone)
I have received no reply to this letter.